Friday, January 14, 2011

A Must Watch for Fans of History

John Adams
"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom." John Adams

                   A miniseries on the life of John Adams and the first 50 years of the United States. The HBO series is by far the best Colonial film or series. I watched the series on DVD of John Adams and I was stunned and awed by the portrayal of John Adams by Paul Giamatti. Actor Paul Giamatti brought Mr. Adams to life!
                I'm not (nor have I ever been) a big fan of history or social studies before watching this. It was a joy to watch. John Adams tells the remarkable true story of the second man to be the President of the United States and how the founding fathers began the country the world knows today. I have not finished the series and am currently only up through Part IV but I am most impressed and I cannot wait to watch the next episodes. 
               Paul Giamatti (John Adams) and Laura Linney (Abigail Adams) both showed the "human" side of John and Abigail characters and their true love, respect, and admiration they had for each other throughout their lives.



           I applaud the producers, the cast and the director. This mini-series needs to be REQUIRED viewing for all American school children. I will use this when I teach US History to all of my future elementary students and to my own children. I hope more movies or mini-series about early America can be made with the quality as this one. I'm giving this a 10. I absolutely loved it!

Read, learn and enjoy!






This DVD is available on amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment